Cape Town - South African tennis star Kevin Anderson has been drawn in the same group as Swiss great Roger Federer for the ATP Finals in London.
The draw for the prestigious eight-man event was made on Monday night.
Federer, a six-time former champion of the event, heads Group Lleyton Hewitt which also features Anderson, Austria's Dominic Thiem and Japan's Kei Nishikori.
Anderson boasts a 1-4 losing head-to-head record against Federer, but beat the 20-time Grand Slam winner in their last encounter at Wimbledon this year, when the South African came back from two sets down to win 13-11 in the final set of their quarter-final clash.
World No 1 and five-time former champion Novak Djokovic leads Group Guga Kuerten alongside Germany's Alexander Zverev, Croatia's Marin Cilic and America's John Isner.
South Africa also has a representative in the doubles, with Raven Klaassen and his New Zealand partner the sixth seeds.
The ATP Finals at London's O2 Arena is scheduled for November 11-18
Singles - Group Guga Kuerten
(1) Novak Djokovic (SRB)
(3) Alexander Zverev (GER)
(5) Marin Cilic (CRO)
(8) John Isner (USA)
Singles - Group Lleyton Hewitt
(2) Roger Federer (SUI)
(4) Kevin Anderson (RSA)
(6) Dominic Thiem (AUT)
(7) Kei Nishikori (JPN)
Doubles - Group Knowles/Nestor
(1) Oliver Marach (AUT)/Mate Pavic (CRO)
(3) Lukasz Kubot (POL)/Marcelo Melo (BRA)
(5) Mike Bryan (USA)/Jack Sock (USA)
(8) Pierre-Hugues Herbert (FRA)/Nicolas Mahut (FRA)
Doubles - Group Llodra/Santoro
(2) Juan Sebastian Cabal (COL)/Robert Farah (COL)
(4) Jamie Murray (GBR)/Bruno Soares (BRA)
(6) Raven Klaasen (RSA)/Michael Venus (NZL)
(7) Nikola Mektic (CRO)/Alexander Peya (AUT)
*Note: The groups are named after former champions of the event